The cost of developing a mobile app depends on factors such as the workflow of the business, application features, the development platform (Android/ IOS or Multiplatform), the location of the development team etc. The more features you want to implement, the more time it takes to develop your app and time is money! To cut to the chase, until you have a detailed definition of your mobile app requirements, you won’t be able to arrive at the cost of your mobile app development. Don't worry though, we can help to get that sorted for you.
Mobile app development in the UK is booming - entrepreneurs regard it as a game-changer to establish their business. When you have a great idea for a mobile app, how long would it take to build? There is no simple answer to that question. Design and Development time varies depending on the functionalities, features and complexities. Understanding the overall process flow of your mobile app development will help us to estimate the approximate timeline. Let’s have a look at those briefly:
- Business analysis and documentation: The main purpose of this stage is to create project documentation. Here the functionalities required in the application are well defined.
- Wireframing: Here we lay out the content and functionality on a page which details the user structure layout and user journeys.
- UX and UI design: The goal here is to enhance the user experience that people have while interacting with your mobile application and to make sure they find quality in your products or services.
- Back-end development: At this stage of the mobile app development, the back-end architecture such as the app server and the database are put in place.
- Front-end development: This is the part of the development that a user actually sees. It is also called client-side development. Conversion of data into a graphical interface is achieved in this stage; users can view and interact with that data.
- Quality check and launch: Before the mobile application is launched into the market, it has to go through a number of quality tests. They are both manual and automated. Here the users' feedback is used to fine tune the application.
Deciding whether to build a mobile app for Android or iOS depends on the following:
- Your customer demographics: Consider your target customer’s geographic and demographic characteristics while deciding which platform should be developed first. Android can be better for audiences in emerging markets and iOS tends to be best for the affluent.
- Project timeline: Your project timelines play a crucial part in this decision. It is sometimes faster, easier, and cheaper to develop an iOS mobile app because Android apps are generally written in Java, a language that involves writing more code than Swift - Apple’s official programming language. It typically takes 30-40% more time for building an Android app. However Android is often faster to launch because ios have more stringent tests with the Apple store.
- Application features: Android is an open-source platform. This gives more flexibility to customize your mobile application. This open environment means Android apps are more susceptible to hacking and malware. On the other hand, iOS is generally perceived to be more secure, due to its closed nature. This is one of the reasons why iOS has a larger audience in the enterprise market.
- Your budget: If you are planning to develop a minimum viable product quickly and at a lower budget, this will help guide your app development decision.
If you are searching for mobile app development in the UK, connect with us today.
Obtaining patent protection on your idea for an app is a complex process. However, it can often be a crucial factor in the success of your business. A UK patent is one of the most effective ways to protect an idea. This is an expensive process. There are many other ways of protecting the intellectual property that you can consider.
Below are the stages involved in the patent application process:
- Patent Search : A global patent search is the first step before drafting and filing a patent application. You won’t be able to patent an idea if it has already been patented by someone else.
- Concept development: You have to make sure you give a clear explanation of every detail of the design while you develop the patent concept or else your patent application will be rejected.
- Creating the patent draft: Once your idea is fully developed and you have ensured that it is unique, you can proceed with the drafting of your patent application and then file it with the UK IPO.
- Filing your Patent: This is done by the UK IPO (UK Intellectual Property office) by post or through it’s online portal. This is often best completed by your Chartered Patent Attorney to make sure that you have filed it correctly.
Business investors develop a minimally-functional prototype before they build a full-featured mobile application. Prototypes are useful because they work as a testing tool and at the same time they work as a demonstration tool for getting more investors on board. As they are simple, basic prototypes can be developed within 4 to 5 weeks.
iOS apps have great advantages over other platforms. Here are a few benefits of iOS mobile apps.
Security: One of the major advantages of iOS app development is the high-end security layer that it provides. iOS apps have to adhere to the high-quality standards of Apple’s Play Store before they are made available to the customers. This feature is a delight for enterprises to uphold data privacy and user identity. The objective is to effectively protect users from any malware, virus or other threats that regularly intervene with daily enterprise operations.
User Experience: iOS offers an excellent user experience. iOS users are assured that the app they download from the app store will perform flawlessly. It provides a robust combination of impeccable standards of hardware, customer support and robust software functions.
Market Access: iOS powered devices are immensely popular in developed markets such as the US, Australia, and Europe. A company that aspires to target these markets will find iOS apps as a win-win.
Loyal Audience: iOS apps have a well-established circle of consumers who are in total admiration of the quality and performance that Apple provides. Globally, the paying capacity of consumers using an iOS device is usually more than that of an android user. It is also said that once a smartphone user experiences apps on iOS, they may never get satisfied with any other OS on the market. Last but not least: trust and goodwill are a big part of Apple’s legacy for iPhone apps that help gather huge, stable consumer base.
Web choice has a decade-long track record and expertise in iOS mobile app development in the UK. Connect with us for a no-obligation quote.
If you are planning to capitalise on the overwhelming popularity of the smartphone through apps, Android should be your pick. Below we will take a look at a few benefits of Android app development.
Open Source: Android is an open source platform and it comes with no license charge, so you can develop advanced applications at minimal cost. It has a very low entry barrier and so it allows small businesses and start-ups to develop mobile apps easily. As a result, it is cost effective.
Customisation: Android offers more options for customisation based on the business requirement and current market trends. It is easier with Android to tweak an existing apps features and functionality.
Market segmentation: Android operating systems power devices in every segment of the market and this means a mass market is at your disposal.
If you are looking for a mobile app development in the UK to maximize the reach of your android app and gain profit for your business - make your choice, Web Choice!
Maximum Exposure: Building a cross-platform approach enables you to build an app and deploy it over multiple platform. Using a cross platform app you can target both iOS and Android platforms and therefore maximize market penetration.
Reusable Code and quicker development: With a cross-platform and hybrid app development approach, developers don’t have to write distinctive code for different platforms. Instead, the program developed for one app gets leveraged multiple times.
Easier integration: Cross-platform mobile apps can be easily integrated into the cloud for hosting services. The security of the applications are easier to handle as there is only one app to secure.
For mobile app development in the UK, contact us today! At Web Choice, we start with the basics and make the complex attainable. We understand your business needs and will develop an app which will make your project a success.